Sunny Boy SB7.7-US Inverter
Cost effective with powerful features
The Sunny Boy SB 7.7-US inverter, one of SMA’s new series of transformerless inverters represents the next step in performance for UL-certified inverters. The inverters are both economical and installer friendly. The transformerless design means the inverters are high efficiency with reduced weight and also less heat gain for the inverter. In addition, maximum power point tracking (MPPT) is derived from wide input voltage and operating temperature ranges, allowing for many stringing configurations and multiple independent MPPTs. Another advantage of the SB7.7-US, is that it meets code requirements for use with a 200 amp electrical panel.
Shading issues have also been address in this new US series of inverters. SMA’s OptiTrac Global Peak shade mitigation technology provides a solution for both shade mitigation and the problem of installation on more complex roofs.
The newer version of the Secure Power Supply (SPS) feature now enables these Sunny Boy inverters to supply 2,000 watts of power in the event of a grid outage, as long as the sun is shining.
The SMA Sunny Boy US series now includes enhanced communications with no need to install additional equipment. Integrated WiFi or Wired datalogger and output to Sunny Portal for monitoring are now included, as well as direct access via a smartphone and use of SMA’s Installation Assistant.
Each inverter is covered by a 10-year warranty, which can be extended to 15 or 20 years.
Sunny Boy US Series Additional Features:
- Sunny Boy’s new two-part enclosure allows the connection unit to separate from the power unit and aids in simple fast servicing, if necessary
- Integrated DC disconnect simplifies onsite logistics and eliminates the need for a separate disconnect unit, saving time and money
- Operating temperatures of -13 °F to +140°F
- Multiple independent MPPTs
- Enhanced AFCI technology reduces false tripping
- Available in sizes from 3 kW to 7.7 kW
- 10-year warranty, extendable up to 20 years
- Listed to UL 1741, UL 1998, UL 1699B, IEEE1547, FCC Part 15 (Class A & B), CAN/CSA V22.2 107.1-1
Download the Sunny Boy Quick Design Reference Tool that provides string design and inverter selection recommendations in a simple easy-to-use format.
|Model||Nom. AC power||AC output||Max DC voltage||MPPT voltage range||CEC rated efficiency||MPPT trackers|
|SB3.0-US||3000 W||208 or 240 VAC||600 VDC||155-480 V||96/96.5%||2|
|SB3.8-US||3800 W||208 or 240 VAC||600 VDC||195-480 V||96.5%||2|
|SB5.0-US||5000 W||208 or 240 VAC||600 VDC||220-480 V||96.5-97%||3|
|SB6.0-US||6000 W||208 or 240 VAC||600 VDC||220-480 V||96.5-97%||3|
|SB7.0-US||7000 W||208 or 240 VAC||600 VDC||245-480V||96.5-97%||3|
|SB7.7US||7700 W||208 or 240 VAC||600 VDC||270-480V||96.5%||3|